5 June 2023 - Refuels N.V., one of Europe's leading suppliers of renewable biomethane (Bio-CNG) for decarbonisation of heavy goods vehicles, today published key Bio-CNG station data for May 2023.
* A total volume of 3,595 tonnes of Bio-CNG was dispensed from 10 public access stations in operation during May 2023. This is a 75.6% increase from 2,047 tonnes dispensed in May 2022 (8 stations).
* The average daily dispensed volume was a record 116 tonnes, an increase of 9.6% compared to 105.8 tonnes dispensed per day in April 2023, which was also a record month.
* For the three-month period ending May 2023, a monthly average of 1,316 vehicles refuelled at ReFuels' Bio-CNG stations, compared to 774 vehicles for the three-month period ending May 2022.
* During May, there were 10 operational public access stations in the Bio-CNG network, with three stations currently under construction.
* The stations accounted for total savings of more than 14,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) during the month of May
"Heavy goods vehicles are the hardest to decarbonise due to driving range, high payload and low production volume. We are pleased to deliver continued strong growth in dispensed Bio-CNG volumes during May, thereby reducing the GHG footprint of our UK trucking clients. Our year-over-year growth is driven by two more stations in operations and a rapidly expanding fleet of Bio-CNG trucks using our refuelling network. We expect the positive trend to continue with one 14 fuel-dispenser-island station to be commissioned shortly at Newton Aycliffe in County Durham," said Philip Fjeld, the CEO of ReFuels.
Through its CNG Fuels brand, ReFuels operates 10 public access Bio-CNG stations on major trucking routes in the UK. Another three stations are currently under construction due for operations in the coming months and at least four further stations are commencing construction during the company’s financial reporting year ending 31 March.
The company provides monthly operational updates, which are normally released within 10 working days after the period end.
For further information, please contact:
Philip Fjeld, CEO ReFuels N.V.
Tel: +44 7976 159 833
E-mail: [email protected]
ReFuels is decarbonising Europe's truck fleet by developing, owning, and operating green refuelling station infrastructure. We are rolling out a network of reliable and convenient stations offering renewable biomethane fuel to heavy goods vehicles, with hydrogen and fast charging to be added. By the end-2025 the target is to have 30-40 stations across the UK, while the long-term ambition is to become Europe's leading integrated supplier of alternative fuels for commercial fleets. For further information please visit refuels.com.